BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Better Tomorrow Begins Today

have found that the most important thing in a human's life is the earth, because without it we would never have lived. So why dedicate all of our spare time to watching TV and wasting valuable electricity? I can find ways to have fun and feel good that I am helping our most important thing ever: Earth!

I pledge that I will never place a plastic bottle in the trash can. This is because I know where it goes: The Landfill. I will handle my plastic bottles more wisely by putting them in the recycling bin. Most people keep their trash cans in the wide open, so when you're lazy, you throw your used papers and bottles in the trash. Don't! This can be much easier if you simply place your recycling bin right next to your trash can, making it more visible. This is a great reminder that will keep you green and the Earth happy.

I pledge to never, NEVER litter because when it rains, water carries the bottles or wrappers into nearby streams or rivers which will eventually flow the litter into the ocean. Animals like sea turtles and seals mistake this litter for food and can choke themselves or even kill themselves. Litter being drained into the ocean can kill up to 1,000,000 sea animals every year. This proves that although throwing one plastic bottle on the grass may seem harmless, it can go a very long and harsh way.

I pledge to use less energy. I can save energy from my heaters and air conditioners by wearing more clothes (thicker and warmer) in the winter to keep warm and less clothes (skinnier and cooler) in the summer. I can then reduce the amount of heat and AC I use and still stay warm and toasty. This can save a lot of money for my family.

I pledge to keep our earth green, clean, and happy!

0 comments: